Sunday, May 11, 2008

Massive Guilt over my treatment of Jan and Dean

I've been thinking it over. I'm not retracting my statements over Jan and Dean. Hours after my previous post, I still feel the same way about their fluffy sound. But maybe I should clarify my position. I like them--I do. But maybe some fans are too blinded by the Brian Wilson connection to see them for their own talents. And to show there are no hard feelings, here's an outtake of a Brian Wilson demo of "Gonna Hustle You", "New Girl in School", "Get a Chance With You"--whatever it was called. Since Wilson wrote it for them, I figure it would be appropriate to add this as an addendum to the previous blog entry.

(and for anyone who thinks i only added this to slip in a rare Brian Wilson track, who knows you may be right. Please don't tell anyone though.)


brian wilson demo song ****gonna hustle you



For more great easy listening/soft pop--click this here link
http://www.youtube.com/softsoundpop

2 comments:

  1. Hi, great stuff, any chance of putting this up on Youtube. Don B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'd love to post to youtube but i have the feeling it'd be taken down. I had about twenty BB rarities taken down at the same time because of copyright infringement. I really just want it to be easy for fans to find the stuff that i've been seeking out for 15 years. BUT.....I will be posting other BB outtakes and whatnot on this blog, so keep checking it out!
    kipsunshine

    ReplyDelete